To move database to a new magento is not so easy. Actually it is easy but very ugly.
- you first import the database.
- back up old skin,media,template which you design your frontend look,back up core files as also if you made any custom core files.
- now create a database in which you want to install the new magento
- now import the database
- when you import the database in the newly created database there will be a error massage, but i still not found that it will effect any in your new database
- After import old database in your new database go installation windward to installation
- but before select the database you first edit core_config_data to change two things no.1 is the base url of unsecure and no.2 is the secure to newly login url.
- now copy the old skin,template,media and core files to their desire places.
- oh i lost a word after step 6 you must delete all cache from var files.
That’s ok.Have fun.